Hospital Treatment Technician
Hospital Treatment Technician- Full Time Position
The Hospital Treatment Technician is responsible for providing exemplary care to our equine hospital patients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with patient exams, administering patient treatments, and communicating with veterinarians and other staff regarding patient concerns. The Hospital Treatment Technician will report to the Hospital Technician Supervisor.
· Provide general patient care including preparing and administering medications, performing physical exams, placing catheters, running fluids, feeding, preparing stalls, turning out and bringing in and assisting with diagnostic procedures.
· Communicate patient updates with hospital staff.
· Record treatments in medical records and input billing.
· Assist with after-hours emergency admissions, as needed.
· Participate in the on-call rotation for primary and secondary on call technicians.
· Assist veterinarians with various patient exams, including joint injections, lameness exams (handling, lunging, and jogging of horses), pre-purchase examinations, diagnostic imaging, and surgical procedures, according to level of training.
· Additional responsibilities as needed.
· Minimum one year working as a technician in an equine hospital or as a mobile equine veterinary technician strongly preferred but willing to train individual with other strong horse related experience.
· Exceptional horse-horse handling skills of all ages and types of horses, required.
· Post high-school education in equine studies or similar field, preferred.
· Veterinary technician license, preferred.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts.
· Team oriented and hardworking, strong willingness to learn.
· Good time management and multitasking skills.
· Ability to work independently and effectively under stressful conditions.
· Confident and capable of handling emergency situations.
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Weekly hours will be approximately 40 hours. Approximately one night on call each week. Benefits include hourly salary commensurate with experience, 401K, Health, Dental, Life, Long Term Disability Insurance, and discounted veterinary services and products.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to Stephanie Hoffman, Hospital Administrator, at email@example.com